Sunday, June 15, 2008

We Pierced Our Ears (17 May)

Kieona had been asking about ear-piercing for a little while now. She started asking Mommy if ear-piercing was painful and whether you need to have our ears pierced to wear earrings. Mommy said yes to both questions. She also asked if I liked to wear earrings. I said not really since I do not always change earrings. Then Kieona sent me a shocker, "Mommy, if you don't like to wear earrrings, then why are you wearing them?". Innocent enough as a question and very logical. Mommy said, "Well, I wear them because I do not want the holes to close". It took a few more days of asking it it was painful and how painful it was before Kieona completely stopped asking about it.

Since Mommy is not really very keen on letting Kieona and Kierra put on earrings at such a young age (cost and hygiene concerns), Mommy thought that that was the end of the saga and tread carefully in case I accidentally trigger it again. Apparently Kieona had not forgotton about it. A few days later while on the couch watching a television program, Kieona asked again.

Kieona: Mommy, if want to wear earrings must pierce ears first right?
Mommy: Yes, darling.
Kieona: It is a little bit painful right, Mommy?
Mommy: Yes, dear.
Kieona: It is not very painful, just a little bit painful right?
Mommy: Yes, Kieona. It is just a little bit painful.
Kieona: I like to wear earrings, Mommy.
Mommy: Ok.
Kieona: I think I want to pierce my ears. Can I?
Mommy: Erm, ok. (Mommy thinks - she's finally asked.) You may pierce your ears - it is really your choice. I have explained to you that it's going to hurt a little. But we've got to go to somewhere more established, like the one Mommy went to. And you must pierce the other side once you've pierced one side. If you feel the pain, you cannot say you don't want to pierce the other side ok?
Kieona: Ok. It's only a little bit painful right, not very painful right?
Mommy: Yes. (I don't believe in telling lies about such things with my kids, even though I'm not the most eager to let them have their ears pierced.)

Mommy asked Kierra whether she wanted to have her ears pierced too. She said no for the longest time, but on the day we went to B*Dazzle in Wisma Atria, she said she wanted it too. Even though there was some hemming and hawing at the shop, we decided to just let her have a go. Knowing Kierra, she will ask for it by the time we get home when she sees Kieona has earrings, if we do not let her do it then.

Kieona, with the pink studded earrings

Kierra, proud with the pink beauty on her ears

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how much did you pay for ear piercing there?