Monday, June 23, 2008

Kierra's New Shoes

Now that Mommy is slowly getting over the anxieties and shock of Kieona's nostril incident, I can put together the weeks happening in subsequent posts.

Mommy has been looking around for shoes for Kierra to replace her favourite purple pair, as the soles have been worn off. Kierra said she liked Kieona's shoes and wanted to have the same design as what I had bought for her sister some time ago. As it was from Bubblegummers (a brand carried only by Bata here), Mommy has brought her to the Bata and Thomson Plaza (where Kieona bought hers) the Friday before to look for it. However, there were only the smaller sizes left and we couldn't get a pair for her. Since Kieona was staying in school on Tuesdays, I decided to take Kierra out to Ang Mo Kio Central to look for her shoes. There were two Bata shops there and Mommy hoped that at least one of them carried her size. Alas, they were all sold out! I explained to Kierra but she was visibly upset, saying why Jie-Jie has and she doesn't. She also said she just wanted the same one as Jie-Jie. My heart sank. I told Daddy that evening and requested he check out the large Bata store in Peninsula Plaza and see if he could get her size.

Kierra, opening her surprise
My shoes
The next night (which was a Wednesday), he brought home the surprise. Kierra was naturally excited and happy with her shoes. Now she has the same flower shoes as Kieona.

I love them!

No comments: