Monday, December 01, 2008

Moles & Beauty

Gu Gu always tells Mommy that Kierra has a mind of her own. Although I never really quite figured out what is meant by that, Kierra does sometimes come up with strange analogies or forms her own conclusions about things.

Take for example yesterday when I got them to brush their teeth and wash their faces before they head for bed. Kieona got to the toilet first to pass urine and was upset that she isn't first to get there. So she told me that she doesn't like Jie Jie. When I asked why, she said Jie Jie is ugly. I told her that it's a mean thing to say and it's not very nice to comment on how others look. And I added that I actually find Kieona rather pretty. Then she said, "Jie Jie face got mole. Mommy, you also. Daddy also. You all not pretty. Only I don't have mole on my face. So I very pretty."

I nearly flipped over with laughter.

No comments: