Friday, October 17, 2008

Kieona's First Music Concert at Yamaha

It was an exciting day when Kieona went to perform for her first music concert for her class in Yamaha. It was a mini-concert with just the parents and the kids who are attending Mrs Jen's class, but nevertheless an enjoyable one. Initially Mommy was worried about whether she may freeze as she's never been the best keyboardist in class. Then again as mothers all do, I encouraged her as much as I could, had her well-rested and practised with her more frequently nearer the date.

Knowing her temperament, I had to dress her for her role and made sure she liked the clothes she wore and the way the hair was styled. Every little detail I could think of I did to maximise her potential. After that, I just told her to enjoy herself. (That's the only thing I can think of to tell her since I didn't want her to get stressed up. Even if it didn't go well, I will still be proud of her.)

With Daddy, Kierra and Maria also attending, Mommy wanted Kieona to feel proud of her performance. Perform she did. In fact, everyone thought she was very lively and Mrs Jen was surprised at her performance. Good job, Kieona! Your hard work paid off! Just like your gym coach Janelle said to you before - if you keep doing, you can only get better.

Kids preparing for singing
Kieona concentrating
Kids singing the song "Whales' Sneezes"

Check out Kieona's keyboard performance on Youtube.




No comments: