Thursday, September 11, 2008

Busy Parents....

While in the bath yesterday, Mommy suddenly felt philosophical about parenting. Perhaps because an auntie brought up the topic of child-rearing and how much effort it is. Apparently people around me have the idea that Kieona is going for modelling and other courses because her mother has the time to bring her there. That sets me thinking about the dynamics of parenting vis-a-vis our many other commitments.

Unfortunate to say - I do not have all the time in the world. All parents are created equal, with just 24 hours a day and 7 days a week just like any other parent to spend on all their children (yes, be it 1 child or 5 children or more). We all have to make a living, and this applies to our family unit as well. There are times I feel really tired, and there are times I get upset and worried, but I never once thought that I should do less for my children.

The reason for doing the things my children ask for (in terms of learning new courses or asking for new items) - as long as the requests are within reasonable means - is because I love my children. As long as all requests have an acceptable reason, we try to work it in. For all these wishes to be granted, I need to spend the time and effort. It is not easy but I try to juggle them - all for the sake of love for them.

In my opinion there is no parent who is too busy for his/her children, just parents who care enough to make the difference for that one child. We seek to make this difference.

No comments: